BIF Technologies Privacy Statement
Effective as of December 1, 2020
BIF Technologies (“BIF” or “Company”) respects the privacy of its customers, business partners, event attendees, job applicants and Website (as defined below) visitors.
The following Privacy Statement explains who we are, the different ways in which we collect, use, and share personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. Please take the time to read this Privacy Statement and the related statements in their entirety to ensure you are fully informed. To access a specific policy, you may click on the relevant link below. Note that we may provide additional information about our privacy practices that are specific to our website(s), events, products, or services.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
PRIVACY STATEMENT. Our Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained: (i) through the BIF Technologies websites that link to this Privacy Statement (our "Website"); and (ii) events hosted by BIF Technologies or our business partners and sponsors where we collect information from attendees (“Events”).
SERVICES PRIVACY STATEMENT. Our Services Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices in connection with the use of our hosted software applications and related support services, as well as expert services, including professional services, training, and certifications that we provide to customers. This Services Privacy Statement also describes our privacy practices for the customer and partner contact information that is processed with the purchase and use of products, services and/or technology provided by our partners to customers.
APPLICANT PRIVACY STATEMENT. Our Applicant Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices in connection with an individual’s application for employment at BIF.
BIF respects the privacy of its Website (as defined below) and Events (as defined below), registrants, and attendees.
This Privacy Statement (the "Privacy Statement") describes who we are, the information that we collect about you, how we obtain your personal information, and how we may use or disclose that information in connection with the Website and Events. This Privacy Statement also describes the measures we take to protect the security of your personal information, how you can contact us to exercise your privacy rights and learn more about our privacy practices.
BIF makes data meaningful. Our cloud‑based platform and products streamline and simplify how individuals and companies visualize and consume data. Our solutions, and the custom solutions built by our customers and partners, allow users to do their best work. We are headquartered in San Antonio, Texas.
For more information about BIF, please see the About Us section of our Website.
This Privacy Statement only covers privacy practices pertaining to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained: (i) through the BIF websites that link to this Privacy Statement ("Website"); and (ii) event registration or attendance information for events, hosted by us or our business partners, where we collect information from registrants and attendees (“Events”).
How We Obtain Information
As further described below, we collect several types of information from and about you that broadly falls into the following categories:
1. Information you voluntarily provide to us:
- When filling out forms on our Website (including without limitation, name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number).
- When you post material to our Website, participate in bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs, comment threads, forums, or perform other interactive features, such as registering, or requesting further information or services from us.
- When you register to use a demo or developer instance of our cloud service.
- When you report a problem with our Website.
- When you contact us.
- When you complete our surveys.
- When you register for or attend an Event.
- Other information you may submit to us related to your use of our Website or attendance to an Event, including without limitation, billing information.
2. Information from third parties.
From time to time, we may collect and use information we receive about you from third parties in connection with your use of the Website or attendance to an Event. For instance, we may receive information about you from our business partners related to your registration information for Events. We also use third parties for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our Website and marketing efforts, and to identify areas for improvement.
We may combine information collected from third parties with information you provide us to update, expand or provide you with tailored information regarding our products, services and Events.
3. Information we collect as you navigate through the Website.
As you navigate the Website, we may automatically collect details about your website visits, including your IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs, the resources that you access, and other communication data, alongside information about your computer and internet connection, operating system, and browser type.
Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. For detailed information, please see our Cookies Policy.
How We Use the Information Collected
We may use the aforementioned information for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain and improve our website.
- To register you for our Events and populate profiles for you in our records.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce rights arising from any contracts we enter with you, including without limitation, our Terms of Service.
- To notify you about changes to our Website and/or obtain any required consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
- To track your browsing behavior, such as the pages you visited over time, for analytics and advertising purposes.
- To communicate with you about Events.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences (for example, we may use your information to contact you and further discuss your interests in our services and products or other Events).
If you ask us to contact you about goods and services, we, or select third parties, may use your personal information to contact you about such goods and services. You can withdraw consent at a later time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located in the emails we send you. For more information, see the section on “Your Privacy Rights” below.
Additional information about our privacy practices with respect to our collection and use of information from Events may be found in additional privacy statements on the registration sites for Events hosted by us.
How We Share Information Collected
We may disclose personal information that you provide to us to the following categories of recipients:
- To our contractors, business partners and service providers we use to support our business or who provide services on our behalf. For clarity, BIF does not share Event attendee data with business partners or sponsors unless you opt in to such sharing via an Event registration form, or you attend an Event hosted by BIF and allow our business partners or sponsors to scan your attendee badge. If you do not wish for your information to be shared with our business partners or sponsors, you may choose not to opt in via the event registration forms and elect not to have your badge scanned by a partner at an Event. If you choose to share your information with business partners or sponsors, your information will be subject to the respective business partner or sponsor’s privacy statement.
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case personal information held by us about you will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We do not sell, rent or trade information collected through the Website with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Security and Confidentiality
BIF maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information obtained through the Website and/or Events from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure and access. BIF personnel and service providers with access to personal information collected through our Websites or from Event attendees are required to keep such information confidential and secure.
We will retain your personal information if we have a business need to do so or for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When there is no longer a legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete it, anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your Privacy Rights
We provide you with certain choices regarding the information you provide to us. In particular:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can send us an e‑mail at email@example.com. Event registrants and attendees may update their user profiles for Events we host by logging into the applicable event website or registration page.
- If you do not wish to receive our email marketing communication for promotional purposes, you may opt‑out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt‑out” link. To opt‑out of other forms of marketing (such as telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Information” section below.
- In addition, if we process your personal information in reliance upon your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
We will respond to such requests in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws. Please note that in order to fulfil your request, we may need you to provide certain information to verify your identity.
Do Not Track
While BIF attempts to honor do not track (“DNT”) instructions we receive from a Visitor’s browser, we cannot guarantee that BIF will always respond to such signals, in part, because of the lack of common industry standard for DNT technology. We continue to monitor developments in DNT technology and stay apprised of DNT industry standards as they evolve.
Third Party Websites and Applications
This Website may link to websites that are not owned or controlled by BIF. As such, this Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected on any third‑party site or by any third‑party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website. This Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected by customers, our business partners, and other third parties or third‑party applications or services, even if this information is collected using our Website or at Events.
Public Forums and Blogs
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to fill out our forms or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information promptly.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
BIF reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through an appropriate online notice or other means (which may include, if we have your contact details, notification by e‑mail) and obtain your consent if and where required by applicable law. We ask that you review the Privacy Statement periodically to stay informed about any updates or changes that we may have made.
You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “effective as of” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your information, or exercise other rights, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIF Technologies Corporation
12951 Huebner Rd. #781206
San Antonio, TX 78278
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.
This website is operated by BIF Technologies. (the data controller), which is a Texas corporation located at 12951 Huebner Rd. #781206, San Antonio, TX 78278.